Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This is what lunch at my desk looks like.

I'm trying to get myself in the habit of eating salads, mainly because the CSA I joined is going to have mesclun greens all summer and I don't necessarily want to give it ALL away, but until I saw this post from the inimitable Pink of Perfection, I wasn't really sure how I was going to go about it. It turns out that as a plain accompaniment to a filling, flavorful, not-loaded-with-icky-mayonnaise curried leftover-foot-chicken salad, lettuce wins. For now.

Curried Chicken Salad
adapted from Pink of Perfection

1 c. plain yogurt
2 T. mayonnaise
1 T. garam masala
2 T. curry powder
1 apple, chopped finely
half an onion, minced
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
leftover chopped/shredded chicken

Mix the yogurt, mayo, and spices in a bowl, then add the apple, onion, and walnuts. Finally, fold in the chicken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks like a yummy chix salad recipe, a bit like the turkey salad at whole foods (heavenly). Here's my suggestion for chicken salad:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/chicken-salad-surprise
I love that one with poached chicken breasts.

That lettuce is also good inside quesadillas for quick meals, just shove a handful in the cooked quesadilla before you roll it up and eat it.

Pink of Perfection said...

I absolutely love the idea of apples instead of grapes!