Monday, April 26, 2010

Oops

So, I'd gotten a good ways into my twentyten cardigan over the weekend and laid it out on the table to check my progress. I folded it over to see how tidily the button band was slanting across the front when I noticed something odd:
The case of the vanishing pocket!

Yeah, I'd put the pocket in the wrong place. The directions call for putting markers at the points that will be the dividing points for the fronts and back, which I did, and each of the button bands, which I didn't do because I find slipping markers to be an unnecessary aggravation and I can count to seven, which is the number of stitches in the band. So when the directions called for starting the pocket "after the second marker," I didn't use the right second marker as the placement point. And it bit me in the ass.

I spent a few minutes trying to convince myself that a pocket on the back of the cardigan was fun! It's cheeky! And modern! But that was all just a crock of ridiculous nonsense and I ripped back to where I went wrong and am back on track now.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

i am laughing WITH you not AT you because not using stitch markers I consider silly is TOTALLY something I do all the time. And I know it will soon bite me in the ass as well. :)