Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Simple hat

I don't know if this happens to other people, but sometimes I start a project for myself and at some point in the execution, realize that it actually belongs to someone else. So I finish it and give it away. Like this hat:
I've had what looked like a hat-sized ball of this purple tweed wool/silk handspun kicking around for ages. I was tired of looking at it, so I cast on for a hat (80 sts, 3x1 rib, for a while, then 7x1) a couple of days ago and was knitting merrily away while catching up on The Guild (I don't know how I missed all of season 3, but I guess that's just the kind of high-flying, lightning-paced life I'm living). Then I suddenly realized that this hat, which is very soft and quite close-fitting, is obviously meant for my favorite cousin, who's been getting radiation treatments all summer for a large, cancerous brain tumor. She'll be starting chemo soon and losing her hair, so obviously she needs this hat. It's even her favorite color.

No comments: