Thursday, January 15, 2009

Green beret

Someone who shall not be named recently observed that I hadn't posted any pictures of myself in a while. I brushed it off, saying that I hadn't finished any projects that needed to be photographed, but to be honest, it was because I had grown a set of horns and was a little embarrassed about taking that public.

I've since taken care of the problem, which allows me to show off my recently completed Gretel. Knit in worsted-weight Louet merino in a most delightful shade of grass green, it looked like this before blocking:

Like this mid-blocking (there's a dinner plate in there to encourage a wide, flat beret shape instead of a rounder beanie shape):

And like this post-blocking:

It blocked out less dramatically than the Gretel I made out last year of some tweedy Shetland wool, which I loved madly and think I lost in my last move, since I haven't seen it (or any of my handspun, hand-dyed and/or handknit hats: sob) since. There's actually a wealth of handknits in that photo, not that you can see them with my poorly lit evening picture-taking: Gretel, fan stitch shawl and Noro cardigan.

Speaking of green, I managed to rescue this somewhat odd brass chair off the street last weekend. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the legs and back have a kind of neato bamboo pattern. I doubt it's particularly comfortable, but it does make a useful plant stand.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I lovelovelove that shade of green, and you look adorable sporting Gretel.