Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Green-Wood again

I spent a couple of hours on Sunday at Green-Wood, walking around and taking pictures of the spectacular foliage and interesting light and shadow effects that the lower angle of the sun these days has been producing. There were a lot more young people there than I'm used to seeing and I figured it must have been written up somewhere recently. (I was right.)


I love the way this dead tree is being taken over by vines. It puts me in mind of Pet Sematary, with the whole coming-back-to-life-but-changed-in-essential-ways thing, only not evil. I assume.


I'd never noticed these sweet little marker before, set modestly into the ground in an out-of-the-way corner:
The snarkist in me would respond with, "as opposed to...?" except that there's such a spirit of earnest populism here that I can't pick on it. Especially since he seems to have been an altogether admirable guy.

1 comment:

ArtSparker said...

The name on the stone is making me think of Elmer Fudd...

a warped mirror version?