Thursday, February 5, 2009

The power of ten

I've been spinning more lately, at least some credit for which goes to the Communicatrix. While life-improvement-type blogs aren't really my thing, this is a good one, with plenty of doable tips for jumpstarting your productivity. [ETA: Does that even make sense? It doesn't really, does it? I just meant tips for being more productive, didn't mean to imply there was any sort of jargony overwriting. That part was all me.] My favorite is her idea about picking one activity you want to get better at and doing it for ten minutes every day for three weeks because, as she says, "habits breed habits, and accomplishments spur on additional efforts." She writes about it here and here.

I really want to get in the habit of spinning more regularly. It's an activity that I tend to do A LOT when I do it, but then I'll go for months and months without touching the wheel. So, consider this my declaration of intent, Internet. I've been playing around with it for the last couple of weeks, but now I'm serious: ten minutes of spinning per day for the next 21 days.
(re-enactment, obviously. I'm not even treadling.)

2 comments:

the communicatrix said...

D'you know, I think this is the coolest thing I've inspired in a long time.

Spinning! And not the silly kind done by spandex-clad maniacs on gym bicycles to nowhere!

You go, girl...

Troop 2440 said...

Wow, that's some seriously beautiful Type-A spinning.