Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords

I am a lucky, lucky girl. Earlier this summer, my friend Jenn emailed me and asked if I would be willing to let her measure me, make a sweater to my measurements, take some pictures of me wearing it and then give it to me. I said that seemed like a perfectly satisfactory arrangement, which is how I ended up with Yoshimi.
The yarn is delicious, Lorna's Laces's Honor (alpaca/silk) in the excellently titled colorway Robot Overlords. I tend to shy away from wildly multicolored yarns, since they're so unpredictable when they're knit, but simple texture pattern she uses here highlights the different colors very effectively. The fairly fine gauge (6 st = 1") and deep, open neckline make what could have been an overly warm sweater perfectly wearable indoors. It's a great, classic silhouette and I'm really looking forward to wearing it now that the weather is cooling down.

No comments: