Monday, August 17, 2009

Because I LIVE IN HOPE, that's why.

Hope that someday the weather will turn from the sweltering, rage-inducing hell beast it is now and be cool enough for me to need to protect my extremities. THAT is why I cast on for a pair of gloves during this time of stupid hotness.

So far this has been a fairly quick project. I cast on last Thursday, but knit the majority of this on Saturday at a John Hughes Memorial Movie Marathon (16 Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science AND Ferris Bueller's Day Off — YEAH.).
Unfortunately, not being able to tear my eyes away from all of that hilarity and raw teen energy led to this:
Also, it turns out that Picasa has a write-on-your-pictures feature that I just discovered this morning.

ALSO also, I took more pictures of it after I ripped back and fixed the cable, but when I emailed this batch of photos to myself at work for blogging only during my prescribed lunch hour, unbeknownst to myself I chose this picture of my friend Erin's cat staring intently at a fan without blinking, which she did for minutes and minutes, much longer than you would think a cat could go without blinking, instead. Which, granted, was pretty boneheaded of me, but if I hadn't, you would have missed out on this:

3 comments:

Curry Made said...

Glad you managed to fix the cable. Fall is headed your way!

Natalie B said...

that is a large cat

Gina said...

Okay, so the staring doesn't speak to the cat's smarts, but the positioning sure does. I miss the summer we were having before it got stinky hot and sweaty.